Pain under the heel, particularly first thing in the morning, can indicate poor foot function. Wearing orthotics (insoles) in your shoes can often help alleviate the pain.
The most common cause of heel pain is plantar fascitis which is
commonly referred to as a heel spur. Plantar fascia is a broad band of
fibrous tissue which runs along the bottom surface of the foot, from
the heel to the toes Click here to view diagram. Plantar fascitis is a
condition in which the plantar fascia is inflamed. This condition can
be very painful and cause considerable amount of suffering.
Long standing inflammation causes the deposition of calcium at the
point where the plantar fascia inserts into the heel. This results in
the appearance of a sharp thorn like heel spur on x-ray. The heel spur
is a-symtomatic (not painful), the pain arises from the inflammation of
the plantar fascia. Symptoms include a dull ache which is felt most of
the time with episodes of a sharp pain in the center of the heel or on
the inside margin of the heel.
Often the pain is worse on first rising in the morning and after rest
and is aggravated by prolonged weight bearing & thin soled shoes.
CAUSES OF HEEL PAIN
HEEL PAIN TREATMENT
- Excessive load on the foot from obesity is a major cause of plantar
fascitis. Which is why this condition is common in middle aged and over
- A sudden increase in weight, such as pregnancy can also lead to plantar fascitis.
- A sudden increase in walking or a sporting activity can also be a
contributing factor. A classical example is a post man who has returned
to work after a period away from the job can develop this condition.
- Tight plantar fascia (this is often caused by tight calf muscles).
- Excessive flattening of the arch on weight bearing.
- Biomechanical problems (walking abnormalities) is a major cause of plantar fascitis.
- Different types of arthritis can also lead to this condition such as osteoarthritus and rheumatoid arthritis.
you suffer from the morning heel pain or heel spurs? If so, the Heel
Pain products range is for you. Our 100% super-shock absorbing soft
silicone heel products can reduce your heel pain instantly. The result?
Relief. The surprise? The price. Our heel products are both effective